COVID-19 Updates & Information
Seahorse/Pufferfish/Octopus/Spotted Eagle Ray: Available to book online. As of now, the maximum class size will be 3 swimmers. This is subject to change pending government guidelines. Make-up lessons are available. Sibling and Multi-Lesson Discounts are available.
Parent/Child Classes: Available to book online. As of now, the maximum Parent/Child class size will be 5 Parent/Child pairs. Classes will utilize a larger area of the pool than normal to allow for social distancing. In addition, each Parent/Child pair will have their own changing space to change their child before and after class. For now, only 1 parent will be allowed per child in class. Make-up lesson are available. Sibling and Multi-Lesson Discounts are available.
Stroke School: Available to book online. We are currently offering Narwhal, Orca Whale, Barracuda, and Mako Shark groups! There will be a maximum of 3-4 swimmers per lane. Make-ups are available. Sibling and Multi-Lesson Discounts are available for the Narwhal and Orca Whale groups only.
Ignite Swim: Available to book online. Our Ignite Swim Program is for swimmers who are 7.5 years and older and who are at or above the Spotted Eagle Ray level. This group will be run like a traditional swim practice, with a coach on the pool deck. There will be a maximum of 4 swimmers per lane. Please visit the Ignite web page for more details. This is subject to change pending government guidelines. Sibling and Multi-Lesson Discounts do not apply.
Adult Swim: Available to book online. We are offering our Introduction to Swimming, Beginner and Advanced Beginner class levels on Monday and Tuesday evenings! Waitlists are available online for our Intermediate class level and for Fall Session #2!
Self-Formed Group Lessons: Available upon request for 3 swimmers from the same family or friends who have been quarantining together. We will accommodate your request if the swimmers are within 1 skill level of each other. These ‘private group lessons’ will not have their max class size increased at any time. No make-ups are available and no spot in these classes will be made available for another swimmer to book a make-up in. Sibling and Multi-Lesson Discounts are available.
Semi-Private Lessons: Available upon request for 2 swimmers from the same family or friends who have been quarantining together. We will accommodate your request if the swimmers are within 1 skill level of each other. These lessons will not have their max class size increased. No make-ups are available and no spot in these classes will be made available for another swimmer to book a make-up in. Sibling and Multi-Lesson Discounts are available.
Private Lessons: Available by request for 1 swimmer. Private lessons will not have their max class size increased. No make-ups are available for Private Lessons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Health & Safety
How can you help? Please remember to:
- Please do not enter the facility more than 5 minutes before your swim lesson start time.
- Diligently complete the self-check questionnaire on the door before entering the facility.
- STAY HOME if anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms or has been exposed to a positive case of COVID-19. Remember, you can mark yourself absent and receive a make-up class credit that is valid for 365 days.
- Wear a face covering at all times while inside the facility.
- Make sure you and your children are practicing healthy hygiene habits. Wash your hands and use our hand sanitizer as frequently as you like!
In the pool:
- All instructors are required to wear a plastic face shield while teaching.
- Empty space between lanes in order to space classes further apart.
- Smaller Class Sizes: All class sizes where complete social distancing is not safe have been reduced by about 25%.
- Properly Maintained and Chlorinated Pools: We are swimming in thousands of gallons of liquid disinfectant! The CDC has stated that properly treated pool water will kill viruses and there are no known transmissions in properly maintained pool water. In addition to our regular manual chemical testing, we use top-of-the-line computerized BECSys7 chemical controllers to ensure that our water is ALWAYS kept at the proper chlorination levels.
- Ultraviolet Water Purification: Each of our pools is equipped with a UV Light Water Purification System to further ensure that our water is crystal-clear and clean all day long. These systems are a large step above water treatment protocols that you would find in a standard neighborhood or backyard pool.
- Defender Filtration Systems: Our pool filters are the most effective filtration systems on the market. These filters work with our chlorine and UV Purification systems to provide our swimmers with some of the cleanest, clearest water around!
Outside of the pool:
- Staggered Class Times: Class start/end times will be staggered every 10 minutes to reduce the number of swimmers arriving or leaving the facility.
- Designated Entry and Exit Points: this will greatly reduce instances of people coming into close contact with one another.
- Parent Viewing: Our viewing rooms will be re-formatted to allow for adequate social distancing. This will reduce the number of parents that can fit in the viewing rooms. We will require parents of children age 5 and below to sit in the viewing room in case their child needs to use the bathroom etc. We will ask that all other parents wait in the car or watch from outside the exterior windows.
- Siblings: Where possible, we ask that siblings not accompany families to swim lessons. If this is unavoidable for your family, we ask that your children sit in one the chairs in our viewing areas while they are inside.
- Floor markings to guide swimmers and parents through our facility with as little ‘cross-traffic’ as possible!
- Additional staff placed on the pool deck and at entry and exit points to ensure compliance with our safety requirements.
- Additional cleaning protocols: All frequently touched areas will be sanitized at regular intervals throughout the day using CDC-approved cleaning products.
- Limited contact with surfaces: Where possible, doors will be held by a team member wearing a face mask or shield.
- Nightly cleaning: We have always done this, but it is worth mentioning that our changing areas, lobby, and viewing rooms are professionally cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis.
Other steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our Swim Family:
Staff and Customer Waivers
Daily staff temperature checks
All non-pool staff will wear face masks at all times.
We will follow and enforce any state regulations concerning customer and staff use of face masks/shields.
Additional signage in the facility to promote healthy practices.