COVID-19 Updates & Information
*Updated May 28, 2021
In response to recently updated guidelines from the Virginia State Government and the CDC, we will be updating some restrictions beginning June 1.
- Face coverings will no longer be required for Fully Vaccinated individuals and children under age 12.
- Team members who are fully vaccinated will not be required to wear face coverings. The only exception is for team members who work in close contact with children for extended periods of time (defined as 6 feet or less for more than 15min) such as Swim Instructors in our Parent/Child and Learn To Swim programs.
- Self-Check In Kiosks will be back up and running so that you can check in for swim lessons by yourself! Please check in your child on the kiosks available in the lobby. We are happy to help if this is new for your family! 🙂
- Family Swim will be held on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month and is open to all Propel families from 1:00-2:30pm, no need to sign up anymore!
- Parent/Child Swimmers will be allowed to have 1 viewer on the pool deck during lessons.
- Additional chairs will be added to the viewing areas to accommodate additional viewers. Parents with children over age 6 may sit inside the viewing areas during lessons.
- If you wish, you may have more than 1 viewer per swimmer in the building during lessons.
- The showers will be reopened for use after swim lessons.
- (Tentative based on further guidance) Fully vaccinated swim instructors in Learn To Swim and Parent Child will have the option to not wear a face shield in the pool. This will be based on further guidance concerning the situation of a fully vaccinated adult being in close contact with unvaccinated children. Current guidance states that fully vaccinated individuals may gather indoors unmasked and non-socially distanced with unvaccinated persons who are low risk, but we have no guidance specific to our industry so we will wait to remove the face shields.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most details can be found below in our Health & Safety section. If you have any questions that are not covered on this page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are following all in-pool guidelines from the VA state government. Our instructors will not be social distancing from their students for safety reasons and because it is necessary for them to hold and physically correct swimmers as they learn!
Yes! As always, if you mark your swimmer absent online before class starts, you will earn a make-up class credit that is valid for 365 days!
As of June 1, 2021 team members who are fully vaccinated will not be required to wear face coverings. The only exception is for team members who work in close contact with children for extended periods of time (defined as 6 feet or less for more than 15min) such as Swim Instructors in our Parent/Child and Learn To Swim programs.
Yes! Swim Evaluation can be booked on our Schedule Page after creating an account. Create your account here!
Yes! You can change your schedule any time. The best way to do this is to send us an email with the days and times you would like to switch to!
No. Due to measures we have implemented to reduce class sizes and the number of people in our facility at one time, we have had to create an entirely new class schedule. You can view your current class options on our Schedule Page.
Health & Safety
How can you help? Please remember to:
- Please do not enter the facility more than 5 minutes before your swim lesson start time.
- Monitor yourself and your children for signs of illness
- STAY HOME if anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms or has been exposed to a positive case of COVID-19 in accordance with CDC guidance. Remember, you can mark yourself absent and receive a make-up class credit that is valid for 365 days.
- Unless fully vaccinated, please wear a face covering at all times while inside the facility.
- Make sure you and your children are practicing healthy hygiene habits. Wash your hands and use our hand sanitizer as frequently as you like!
In the pool:
- All instructors who work in close contact with children for an extended period of time (less than 6 feet for more than 15 minutes) are required to wear a plastic face shield while teaching.
- Properly Maintained and Chlorinated Pools: We are swimming in thousands of gallons of liquid disinfectant! The CDC has stated that properly treated pool water will kill viruses and there are no known transmissions in properly maintained pool water. In addition to our regular manual chemical testing, we use top-of-the-line computerized BECSys7 chemical controllers to ensure that our water is ALWAYS kept at the proper chlorination levels.
- Ultraviolet Water Purification: Each of our pools is equipped with a UV Light Water Purification System to further ensure that our water is crystal-clear and clean all day long. These systems are a large step above water treatment protocols that you would find in a standard neighborhood or backyard pool.
- Defender Filtration Systems: Our pool filters are the most effective filtration systems on the market. These filters work with our chlorine and UV Purification systems to provide our swimmers with some of the cleanest, clearest water around!
Outside of the pool:
- Staggered Class Times: Class start/end times will be staggered every 10 minutes to reduce the number of swimmers arriving or leaving the facility.
- Designated Entry and Exit Points: this will greatly reduce instances of people coming into close contact with one another.
- Siblings: Where possible, we ask that siblings not accompany families to swim lessons. If this is unavoidable for your family, we ask that your children sit in one the chairs in our viewing areas while they are inside.
- Additional cleaning protocols: All frequently touched areas will be sanitized at regular intervals throughout the day using CDC-approved cleaning products.
- Nightly cleaning: We have always done this, but it is worth mentioning that our changing areas, lobby, and viewing rooms are professionally cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis.