COVID-19 Updates & Information
As of January 1, 2022:
- Face coverings are optional for anyone who is fully vaccinated and those under age 5.
- We will continue to provide various forms of face coverings for families and team members who want them
- Family Swim will be held on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month and is open to all Propel families from 1:00-2:30pm, no need to sign up anymore!
- Parent/Child Swimmers are allowed to have 1 viewer on the pool deck during lessons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most details can be found below in our Health & Safety section. If you have any questions that are not covered on this page, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We are following all in-pool guidelines from the VA state government. Our instructors will not be social distancing from their students for safety reasons and because it is necessary for them to hold and physically correct swimmers as they learn!
Yes! As always, if you mark your swimmer absent online before class starts, you will earn a make-up class credit that is valid for 365 days!
As of June 1, 2021 team members who are fully vaccinated will not be required to wear face coverings. We will continue to provide various forms of face coverings for those team members who wish to continue wearing a face covering.
Yes! Swim Evaluation can be booked on our Schedule Page after creating an account. Create your account here!
Yes! You can change your schedule any time. The best way to do this is to send us an email with the days and times you would like to switch to!
Health & Safety
How can you help? Please remember to:
- Please do not enter the facility more than 5 minutes before your swim lesson start time.
- Monitor yourself and your children for signs of illness
- STAY HOME if anyone in your household is experiencing symptoms or has been exposed to a positive case of COVID-19 in accordance with CDC guidance. Remember, you can mark yourself absent and receive a make-up class credit that is valid for 365 days.
- Unless fully vaccinated, please wear a face covering at all times while inside the facility.
- Make sure you and your children are practicing healthy hygiene habits. Wash your hands and use our hand sanitizer as frequently as you like!
In the pool:
- Properly Maintained and Chlorinated Pools: We are swimming in thousands of gallons of liquid disinfectant! The CDC has stated that properly treated pool water will kill viruses and there are no known transmissions in properly maintained pool water. In addition to our regular manual chemical testing, we use top-of-the-line computerized BECSys7 chemical controllers to ensure that our water is ALWAYS kept at the proper chlorination levels.
- Ultraviolet Water Purification: Each of our pools is equipped with a UV Light Water Purification System to further ensure that our water is crystal-clear and clean all day long. These systems are a large step above water treatment protocols that you would find in a standard neighborhood or backyard pool.
- Defender Filtration Systems: Our pool filters are the most effective filtration systems on the market. These filters work with our chlorine and UV Purification systems to provide our swimmers with some of the cleanest, clearest water around!
Outside of the pool:
- Staggered Class Times: Class start/end times will be staggered every 10 minutes to reduce the number of swimmers arriving or leaving the facility.
- Siblings: Where possible, we ask that siblings not accompany families to swim lessons. If this is unavoidable for your family, we ask that your children sit in one the chairs in our viewing areas while they are inside.
- Additional cleaning protocols: All frequently touched areas will be sanitized at regular intervals throughout the day using CDC-approved cleaning products.
- Nightly cleaning: We have always done this, but it is worth mentioning that our changing areas, lobby, and viewing rooms are professionally cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis.