Frequently Asked Questions
We require a FREE evaluation before enrolling any student above the Seahorse level. Go to our Swim Evaluation page to access our booking software
When learning to swim, year-round consistency of swims is more important than frequency. Put simply, a swimmer will make more progress swimming 1x a week over 12-month period than they would swimming 2x a week over a 6-month period.
Our tuition for 1 lesson per week is $99 per month (4 classes).
The fee will be adjusted for months where you receive 3 classes (due to a holiday closing) or for months where you receive 5 lessons.
If you sign up in the middle of the month, we will prorate your tuition.
We charge an annual membership fee of $34 per child (max $50 per family), due at registration. This fee will be renewed annually on January 1. When you first enroll in classes, each student will receive a FREE Propel Swim Academy bag, swim cap, and car magnet!
1.) Automatic debit from a checking or savings account.
2.) Automatic debit from a Debit/Credit Card.
Our monthly fee will be deducted from you account on the 1st day of every month for the upcoming month’s swim lessons.
Free Family Swim is offered twice per month on the second and last Sunday of the month. This is a fun time to enjoy with the family and practice skills! For more information, visit our Family Swim page under Our Programs, or sign up for Family Swim here.
• Regular practice ensures that your child remembers safety skills and stroke techniques!
• Movement is essential for optimal physical, emotional, social and cognitive development. There are many studies that now show how swimming accelerates brain development and has a long term positive impact on a child’s learning.
• Swimming focuses on the whole body which then improves health, strength and coordination.
• When a child has a structured, consistent, whole-body movement activity such as swimming, they learn self-control, goal setting, listening skills and self-respect.
• Drowning can occur anytime, not just in the warm weather.
• Swimming is a gift you can give your child that last a lifetime!!!
Our teachers do not have time during their shift to speak with parents, but we feel that asking questions and communication is very important.
1.) We always have a Deck Manager on the pool deck during lessons; if you have an immediate question, please ask your child’s Deck Manager and they will answer or get back in touch with you.
2.) Fill out our Parent/Instructor Communication Form.
Facility, Safety, Closing
- Food, drink and street shoes are not allowed on the pool deck. This is a health regulation and we strive to keep our facility as clean as possible. If you plan to watch from the deck or shower your children, please bring pool shoes with you. We so appreciate your cooperation and understanding!
- Our insurance requires a responsible adult to remain on the Propel Swim Academy premises for the duration of your child’s lesson. Parents are responsible for their child before, during and after the lesson.
- Parents may watch from either of our parent viewing rooms or you are welcome to sit inside the pool area and watch from one of our benches. We ask that if you have siblings with you that you DO NOT watch from the pool deck. We have a great play area for siblings that is safe and within the viewing room away from the water.
- No strollers allowed on deck. Please leave your stroller in the lobby, changing area or parent viewing room. This is again in an effort to keep outside contaminants off the pool deck!
- If your child is over the age of 5 (five) they need to use their gender specific restroom. However, we have a family restroom that is non-gender specific located in the changing room area. While it is large enough to change in, we would appreciate it being use only as a family restroom.
If we are open, but you decide that it is not safe for your family to travel, you can log in to your Parent Account and mark yourself Absent from the class so that you earn a Make-up Credit! Stay Safe!
- These are available for purchase at the front desk
- We do not offer loaner goggles as this is a health risk
- Please put your child’s name on the strap. (Markers available at the front desk)
- All Children in Parent/Child Classes need 1 reusable diaper & 1 disposable swim diaper
- Check in at our Front Desk, where you will be greeted by a member of our Customer Support Team and they will show you how to check yourself in at our Self-Check in booth.
- Check out the monitors located in the lobby or in the Parent Viewing Room to see where your child will be swimming!!
- If your child is over 6, they can walk to their class on their own at the appropriate time. Each child has a spot on his or her lane to sit and wait until it is time.
- Please remember your child is your responsibility until class begins.
- There are NO street shoes allowed on deck. We realize this is a hassle, however this is a Loudoun County health regulation and unfortunately not an option for us.
We have one family restroom, a women’s restroom and a men’s restroom. Children 5 and up must use their gender specific restroom. If this is a problem, please use the family restroom.
At Propel Swim Academy we know that children are most successful in a consistent, structured learning environment. However, we understand that kids get sick, parents get sick, and that in general, life happens. So, realizing these things, Propel Swim Academy is happy to offer Unlimited Make-Up Lessons for our regular, weekly swim classes!
Here at Propel we handle makeups a differently than anyone we know! In fact, we really don’t handle makeups at all…YOU DO! Our make up system is designed for complete self-service.
Make Up Lessons can be scheduled through our Parent Portal, but you will only be eligible for a Make Up if you cancelled your child (through your Parent Portal) BEFORE the original scheduled class time. Also, Make Ups can only be scheduled in a class spot that has been previously cancelled by another family.
At Propel, make up lessons require a community effort! Make Ups are only available in spots that other existing families have cancelled. So think of it as good karma to be diligent about canceling your children from classes they won’t be there for! By doing so, you are opening up a spot for another family to schedule their Make Up. If everyone works together, there will be more than enough Make Up spots for everyone!
Overuse of rescheduling negatively affects classes and your child’s progress. Please honor the spirit of this privilege and use make-ups for illness and serious conflicts only.
See the below FAQ to watch a video guide on using our Make-Up System!
Make Up Lesson credits must be used within One Year (365 Days) of the missed class.
If you can’t find a Make Up Lesson that works for you, coming to our FREE FAMILY SWIM is a great way to get some extra practice!
Make Up Lesson availability is not guaranteed.
Instructors are not guaranteed for Make-Up classes.
- If you need to withdraw your swimmer, we require notification by the 15th of the month prior to to the month that you wish to withdraw. For example, if you wish to stop your lesson in May, you need to provide written notice before April 15.
- By withdrawing, your child(s) will be removed from their swim class.
- Written notice is required for withdrawal. You may send an email to email@example.com or complete a WITHDRAWAL FORM.
- Verbal withdrawal notifications are not valid.
- You will receive an email verifying that we have received your request.
- Accounts are charged on the 1st of the month.
- There are no refunds.
- We would love to have you back at anytime! Please note that if you are away for more than 3 months your child will need to be re-evaluated prior to returning, as skill regression can occur in a short time period! Our Membership fee will be waived if you are returning in the same calendar year.
- Privacy Agreement: Propel Swim Academy will protect your privacy by not sharing your email address, cookies, or IP address with anyone. All forms stay with us.